South Africa

Part of the Indigo Fruit Farming Group, BBI Packers is located 10 km from the town of Hoedspruit in the Limpopo province, previously known as Bavaria Packers.

The packhouse is well known for the packing of superb quality fruit, consisting mainly of mango up to 2018 
but due to new expansion into citrus as well, it was necessary to build a brand new facility comprising of a full Turnkey line from MAF RODA, Electronic External Blemish sorting system (Globalscan 6), on a 6 Lane Pomone IV sizer with 31+1 outlets, Automatic Speed Packers & Jumble fillers, Carton conveyors and Palletisation.

« When we became part of the Indigo Fruit Farming group, the expansion of our
agricultural endeavours to include soft citrus, necessitated the building of a new state-ofthe-art citrus packing facility with cutting edge technology,” says Stefan Dreyer, Packhouse Manager.

“The established relationship between our sister packhouse, Naranja Packers (Burgersfort) and MAF RODA, and their best practice technology offering, formed a sound foundation for the relationship between BBI Packers and the MAF RODA group. The installation of the Global Scan 7 high speed optic quality and sizing system, which also offers the function of drawing quality samples automatically from the line, enables the facility to optimize their products from the orchard, supply a consistent quality product to consumers and meet the ever-changing demands of the industry.

“The three speed packers and three jumble fillers enable us to pack up to 70% of our fruit through automation. The remaining 30% is packed on the multi-functional packing tables, where we can pack on demand, jumble and place pack according to market requirements. »

Stefan DREYER - Packhouse Manager